If you don’t like puns (especially of the avian variety), then this probably isn’t the place for you. The Cuckoo Boy by Grant Gillepsie is the first novel on our To Hell With First Novels list, and although it contains few puns, it’s very good. It hits shelves May 6, so expect a lot of shouting about it until then . . . and after then. See here for more details on this brilliant new book.
- To Hell with Prizes 2011 shortlist
- Whatever happened to…?
- Times article on To Hell with Publishing
- The Cuckoo Boy on the Not the Booker shortlist
- To Hell with Prizes 2011 – Award for Best Unpublished Novel
- SLAM Launch Party and Exhibition
- Reviews Make Us Happy
- David Whitehouse Takes Home the To Hell with Prizes, um, Prize
- The Cuckoo Boy Takes Flight
- David Vann Packs the To Hell with Books House